Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mourning the Sun

Update on Flylady:

Flylady suggestions are going well.  I really only made it through day two of her baby steps, but I have been following her daily suggestions on FB.  Today, I'm going to scrub my sink with a toothbrush.  That's right, a toothbrush.  Although I've heard of this sort of thing happening in the die hard cleaning world, but I've never cleaned ANYTHING with a toothbrush.  The tiny type A part of me is rather excited while the other 98% of me which is type B is glad I only have to accomplish one new thing each day.  I do feel pretty good about my house this week.  I bought a Mum plant to brighten up things and I am starting a list of projects to warm the place up.  I'm not very crafty, so this is big stuff to me.

Dining in is still going well, although I still haven't gotten a good meal plan going yet.  Generally I plan meals for a week, and then make them in whichever order I want.  It just isn't organized enough.  I don't even think I went out for coffee last week.  We are definitely saving money in this respect which is a good thing because something always comes up.  Life.  It often evens these saving out.  That's okay.  That's what working hard to save is supposed to do sometimes.

As much as I love the rain, I can feel the weather sinking into my blogging and my general feeling of well being.  My muscles ache a little more...I'm eating a little more and sitting around a little more.  Our barely watched t.v. is getting a bit more attention...Maybe I don't like this weather as much as I thought.  We spent our summer almost entirely outside and I think I'm going through withdrawals.  It really makes me want to seize every 20 minutes we get without the rain and make sure we don't ever stop spending as much time outside as possible.

There are bright spots to these indoor days.  Tomorrow is baking day.  My oldest and I are making chocolate chip cookies while the youngest is in school.  After we will try to make sure to share treats with friends.  I think I've been looking forward to this for days.  Taking the girls to this and that is all very nice, but time in sharing cookies with my girls make winter worth looking forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment