Sunday, September 4, 2011

Everyday should be Sunday

Yesterday I made an incredible beef coconut curry dish, so please be patient with me when I admit I made mac and cheese tonight.  It WAS Annie's organic.  So junk food as it may be, it is organic junk food.  That makes it okay, right?  Truth is, we had plenty of leftovers in the house, it was hot and I didn't feel like cooking.  I know tomorrow we're going to eat healthy at the granfolks house, so I'll cease worrying about it.

I thought about my commitment to this today.  Pure fun to me is sushi.  No sushi for awhile.  I suppose I could get desperate and learn to make it, and we'll see.  No soda or coffee for awhile either.  I don't drink coffee as a general rule unless I go out, but it can be such a nice way of pampering myself.  At home I make milky sugary chai, and I'll keep making that, thank you very much.  I'm also going to be bringing water with me where ever I go.  I know most people probably do this already.  I'm good about bringing water for the girls, but for me not bringing water is an opportunity to buy a soda or iced tea.  Yes, I admit it.  Today, my errands ran longer than expected and I found us in town at lunch time.  In the past, I would have stopped to get the girls a snack or food and completed my trip.  This time, however, I went home and fed them lunch.  It's a good opportunity to teach them how important it is to sit and eat, anyway.

I took the girls to the dollar store where they bought five puzzles with their hard earned allowance, and played with them throughout the day.  Later in the day, my hubby melted my heart by taking out his guitar (which he never does) and playing twinkle, twinkle little star for the girls.  I actually found it less stressful staying in and not going out to eat at all.  I think sometimes we go out to save ourselves work, but going out is work in itself.  Slow day.  No real chores...Did I mention I love Sundays?


1 comment:

  1. Any day like that sounds like a good day to me. It's nice to focus more on being home - because where else would we rather be anyway?

    ReplyDelete