Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We made it.

Sometimes we try just to make it through the day.  Other times we realize we inadvertently made it hard on ourselves.  So was the case today when I realized halfway through the day I had forgotten (and was out of) my thyroid meds and could hardly get up.  Problem is now resolved, but not taking these makes me extremely lethargic, and I don't frequently miss them.

The house is messy, but under the circumstances I am so glad to have made it through the day.  The girls and I were out 3.5 hours doing school shopping of sorts.  When we got back we had some down time and then we were off to a social at the preschool till past 8pm.  We made it.  It was too much for all of us, but we made it.  My girls are on a pretty strict schedule that keeps all of us healthy and happy, so this week will challenge us because there is nothing we can do about the crazy schedule.  At the end of the night, my oldest wanted sleep and my youngest sat in front of the mirror, crying and brushing her hair trying to make it grow longer.  I do not look forward to the teenage years.

I am extremely pleased with one aspect of our day, however.  My extremely picky youngest ate fish.  I can barely get her to eat anything, so this was sensational!  Actually, both my daughters ate fish and are convinced that mommy makes the best fish.  I do, in fact.  At least, I do have the best fish recipe.

Must get sleep.  I hope everyone else is finding a better rhythm to this week than I am.

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan (This takes about six minutes!)




1 comment:

  1. They're right - you do make the best fish! Good for you for surviving another day!

    ReplyDelete